Monday, January 4, 2010

Long Black Veil (Feat. Jeff Tweedy) - Rosanne Cash Music Video and Lyrics

Long Black Veil (Feat. Jeff Tweedy) - Rosanne Cash Music Video and Lyrics

Long Black Veil (Feat. Jeff Tweedy) - Rosanne Cash

Feat. Jeff Tweedy

Ten years ago on a cold dark night,
someone was killed 'neath the town hall lights.
There were few at the scene, but they all agreed,
that the slayer who ran looked a lot like me.

Chorus ~ She walks these hills, in a long black veil.
She visits my grave, when the night winds wail.
Nobody knows, nobody sees, nobody knows, but me

The Judge said son, what is your alibi,
if you were somewhere else, then you won't have to die.
I spoke not a word, though it meant my life,
for i'd been in the arms of my best friends wife.

Chorus*

Now the scaffold is high, and eternity's near.
She stood in the crowd, and shed not a tear.
But some times at night, when the cold wind moans
In a long black veil, she cries over my bones

Chorus ~ She walks these hills, in a long black veil.
When the cold winds blow, and the night winds wail.
No body knows, no body sees.
No body knows, but me.
copy paste the HTML code to put this song and lyrics on your Myspace, friendster or blogger:
autoplay: off
autoplay: ON

No comments:

Post a Comment